Diesel locomotives, DMU (Diesel Multiple Units) and electric rolling stock operate in some of the world’s most punishing conditions from the cold of the Arctic to the heat of the desert.
Saft’s SRX nickel-cadmium batteries deliver guaranteed power for starting the engine – even in freezing temperatures – for emergency braking, tilting, and for raising pantographs for diesel locomotives, diesel multiple units, and electric rolling stock. Used where high current discharges are required, they can deliver short-duration, high-current discharges of up to 1 minute and up to 20 times capacity for instantaneous diesel engine starts. SRX provides also energy for backup applications.
Features & Benefits
- Ensures power is available for engine starting even at extremely low temperatures
- Flexible single-cell designs keep down overall cost and provide up to 15 years’ service life through solid construction, large electrolyte reserves and advanced plate design
- Operating temperature rangefrom - 20°C to + 50°C
- Capacity range from 22 Ah to 220 Ah (plastic) and 73 Ah to 375 Ah (steel)
- Low-maintenance: 2-year intervals between topping-up with water