2Place is a CAD/AVL (Computer aided dispatch / Automatic vehicle location) and fare collection 2.0 solution, based on Smartphone and Cloud-based technologies, that brings digital transformation to small and medium-sized cities. It is a lightweight and powerful solution that can be easily deployed.
2Place promotes intermodal passenger transport and connects bus networks of small and medium-sized cities to networks in larger urban areas, which already have structured fare management solutions.
Thanks to 2Place, the Transportation Authorities that do not have the financial capacity to equip themselves with "big" traditional systems, are now able to purchase a fare management solution that allows them to track their vehicles in real-time.
For the first time, a digital solution adapted technically and economically to their needs is available to small and medium-sized transportation authorities. 2Place is a true operational and decision support tool that can also be used to communicate information to travelers.
The CAD/AVL services are deployed in an unprecedented way from a Smartphone handed to the driver, serving as a true travel companion. These services allow the driver to:
• Know the route to follow and all the real-time information needed to provide good management of the service: if the bus is early, on time or late on its route, so that it arrives on-time to each stop;
• Retrieve information about the validity of the transport tickets stored on the card;
• Send messages to the transport operator about unplanned situations (bypass, road disturbance, vehicle breakdown).
The fare management system that connects automatically to Bluetooth devices (card reader, ticket printer) brings these new services to users:
• Sale of paper tickets or card subscription;
• Subscription renewal through different channels: by a simple phone call, via a web interface (without any card reader), with the driver, in the agency;
• Management of different types of subscriptions: monthly, annual, school, senior, reduced rate, holidays / weekend;
• Multiple users are allowed to travel with a single card,
• SMS alerts to inform the user about the expiration of the subscription.
2Place sends all the information to the dedicated Back Office. The information is kept and synthesized through statistical indicators.
• Lower ownership costs
• Less time to deploy the system
• Less staff-training time
• Quick and easy installation
• Outsourced Hosting (SaaS)
• Information created under transport data formats
• The fastest data rate and synchronization system
Eliminating gaps in the mobility chain, connecting territories and making them more dynamic: these are all advantages that Ubi Transports brings via its 2.0 mobility solutions.
Please contact us for further information: Nathalie Azoulay - email@example.com